Negative….the word we all dread. Negatives like fear, unknown, change, etc. If not careful, the negatives will likely paralyze many. The negative, size of an ant hill perhaps may look like Mount Everest. But is it necessarily doom and gloom?
On the contrary, the negative is one of the most, if not most powerful fuel to push us forward. Positives are good but unlike the negatives, positives may sometimes lure us into the false comfort zone, rendering us “less passionate and driven”. BUT negatives on the other hand, will cause us to be uneasy whether in sleeping, sitting, eating, etc. Yes, yo name it. It literally haunts us day and night.
So instead of crash and burn in the pity party, #leverage on it. There is so much energy in negatives that when used right, is rocket fuel pushing us towards doing the necessary and moving forward. How do I know? I experienced it. Some of my most productive and progressive moments are during the negatives period. It will undoubtedly be super uncomfortable but hey, we are supposed to be uncomfortable.
So, here are the tips on how to overcome and leverage on your negatives…
- Recognize your negative, e.g. fear, change, etc.
- Recognize the negative will only control you if you allow it to
- Identify the root cause of the negative
- Identify the remedy – overcome your negative with a positive act
- Continue to leverage on your negative to push you forward until you have crossed the hurdle
So my friends, stay strong. Be a man and woman of capacity.