The PERFECT boss. Wauzers! Won’t it be a dream come true (according to the minds of employees).
Wake up! There ain’t no perfect boss(es)….only bosses who think so of themselves. Hey bosses, yeah you….reality is we are all flawed. The matter is the degree of our flaw. In my opinion, bosses who think of themselves as perfect, are likely the most irritable, short tempered, unrealistic, etc. individual.
There is only one ever PERFECT being….past, today and tomorrow. That is our GOD!
So let us all just wake up and stop playing God. We are mere human beings….mortals….flawed from the day we are born. We can minimize our flaws but never be perfect. Bosses, just as you cannot find the perfect employee, neither can you ever be the perfect employer.
“PERFECT” bosses are often identifiable by…
- Super high regards of oneself, often characterized by words like “why can’t they be like me”
- Employees are somewhat insignificant
- Tendency to command instead of communicating
- Has sharp tongue (often condemning and critical) and blocked ears (never listens)
All said and done, our office need not be a battleground between boss and employees. Our battleground out there….in the marketplace. Our office outta be place of acceptance, motivation, recharging, etc.
Let’s make ALL our days a little better by
- Accepting each other as we are
- Focusing on each other’s strength, rather than flaws
- Communicate Communicate Communicate
- Employers and employees is a team (don’t deny this). We are a team. Team means each of our strength helps to cover each other’s flaw.