Eye bags or Eye circles? Ladies if they see eye circles will normally shriek “Ahhhhh! I got eye bags” :p
According to Wikipedia, Eye circles are distinguished circles around the eyes, caused by either:
- Periorbital darkness
- Periorbital puffiness
What is the meaning of the above? Beats me! Ask your doctor about it.
Polls say that eyes are actually the most mesmerizing feature in the human face. Therefore it should be your eyes that catches the attention, not the bags under them. My wife has beautiful eyes (PTL)
Do I have eye circles? Unfortunately I do. On certain days it gets especially bad. I will look in the mirror and go “OMG”. I need to clarify that I am not vain but sometimes even I get shocked myself 😦
So are there any remedies for eye circles? Perhaps some ladies or metroman wish to share with us some beauty secrets (no plastic surgery or botox please… :p)
You can have a natural eye bag removal by changing your diet, lifestyle and by religiously doing facial exercises 10 to 15 mins a day.
Eye bags can be caused by:
- Loss of skin elasticity due to aging
- Droopy cheek muscles
- Sinus infection or allergic rhinitis
- Thyroid or kidney problem
- Fatigue and lack of sleep
- Hormonal imbalances
- Food and dust allergies
- Iron deficiency
- Caffeine addiction
- Overworked eye muscles in the case of people with vision problems
So how do we get rid of eye bags (summarized points)?
- Eat as much whole foods as possible
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking enough water
- Avoid foods and beverages that encourage fluid retention
- Steer away from food toxins
- Consume extra iron
- Control your sodium intake
- To reduce the appearance of bags under eyes, place both of your index fingers on the sides of your outer nostrils and apply gentle pressure on the two areas for ten seconds. You can either steadily press these points or move your fingers in tiny circular motions. Repeat five times. Pressing on these acupressure points will initiate release of toxins that can manifest as under eye bags.
- Fix your body clock and follow a facial exercise regime
- Use the cold cucumber remedy
For more information, there are tons of information on the web. Check it out. My wife practises the cold cucumber on me which is very comfortable. Almost all the time I will fall asleep while the cucumber is placed on my eyes – Yes, it is that comfortable!
Pandas are cute and adorable animals but I doubt anyone of us want to look like a Panda. Care for your eyes today