I was in praying in our church Prayer Tower and felt God wanting me to write a brief note on Prayer. And since I have been so blessed thru prayer, I am very excited to do it…
My wife has a few titles and one of them is PRAYER WARRIOR…
Why is she called Prayer Warrior? Cause she believes 100% in the power of prayer and she prays prays prays and prays. Does it do any good? Does she benefit from prayer? Is it time well spent? Ask her – Look at her!
My wife has been a very regular visitor to our church’s prayer tower. Sometimes she spends hours there praying. She used to encourage me to do the same. I was initially hesitant due to my hectic work schedule.
Nonetheless, I believe the Lord has his ways of getting our attention. Back in August, my wife had a fall and fractured her left ankle. It was as if someone suddenly just put a HUGE STOP sign smacked in front of my face. We are dynamic people and to be static is very difficult. In the hospital, all the reports and doctor’s comments were negative. We had to pray. We prayed long and hard and God spoke! He impressed upon our heart individually that there was no need for surgery as He will heal the ankle. The rest as we say is history. My wife (Praise the Lord) is now slowly regaining use of her left ankle and leg. Even the doctor was kinda flabbergasted and didn’t know how to comment. What a difference – doctor was speechless compared to his 100% confident negative comments previously.
Coming back to prayer, my wife’s ankle condition indirectly motivated me to pray more. The situation was so testing that I was on my knees seeking strength, direction and healing for my wife.
- God answers! God is not deaf. God is never too busy to hear from us
- Prayer, especially in prayer tower is so peaceful. It is not just quietness but true peace that comes the heart and spirit.
- Prayer moves mountains. I’ve read and heard of true accounts of prayer + faith, i.e. amputated legs grow, my wife fractured ankle healed, etc.
- It is worth the time to invest in prayer – makes me more productive, everything is smoother, etc.
- There is no prayer that is too small or too big. Even a simple prayer for parking space is answered (Yes indeed)
So what is Prayer? Many people question what is prayer because they desire to pray, but don’t know how. Consider these tips:
- What Do I Say? Praying is like talking to your best friend! It’s easy to talk to someone when you know they love you unconditionally!
- How Do I Say It? Here’s how I have learned to approach the Savior of my life.
- With confidence and belief that He will deliver: “Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God’s presence, assured of his glad welcome” (Ephesians 3:12). “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it” (Hebrews 4:16).
- With joy that He can deliver. “You have shown me the way of life, and you will give me wonderful joy in your presence” (Acts 2:28).
- With expectation that He is going to deliver. “Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly” (Psalm 5:3). “I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray” (Psalm 17:6).
Pray with faith. “So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him” (Hebrews 11:6).
You will know with confidence that God can hear you when you pray, so open that line of communication! Pray, knowing that no matter how far you roam, your connection with Him can never be lost!