Where to go for your meal? I can recommend you 101 mouth-watering places but let’s start with “where not to eat” based on my very recent experience.
Heard of Crystal Jade restaurant? They have a few outlets but I am referring to the outlet in Pavilion. Since the dawn of Crystal Jade (day one opening), their service has always been “bad”. Yeah, not mediocre but bad. However, the food then was kinda good, so we tolerate the poor service.
Now, the food quality is as poor as the service. Allow me to walk you thru my recent experience:
- Arrived restaurant, had to find my own table.
- Captain came, asked if want to order and took our orders. Throughout the process, she looked ABSOLUTELY miserable and needless to say, no smile.
- When taking orders, she never bothered to look at us (the customers). She kinda just poked blindly around the menu when we asked her to recommend.
- Try asking for garlic, water, etc. and we’ve to ask minimum 3x before being served
- Last but not least, food quality now is POOR.
Crystal Jade has just successfully downgraded their food to POOR. Worst still, the price we paid was completely not justifiable for this quality. *sigh*
The only difference between Crystal Jade restaurant and outside coffee shops is that it is air-conditioned. Service here is possibly worse than outside.
All the dishes tasted flat. The gravy was tasteless and the components in the dishes were equally tasteless. Even the texture of the components was a mess. The only dish worth mentioning was the soup. Everything else tastes as good as “water”.