Yes, you read it right. Temp maid(s) drive me NUTS!
In the past 7-8 weeks, me and my wife have had the fortunate or rather the unfortunate experience of engaging and dealing with temp maids.
Hang on while I let go some steam…. ARRRGGH!
Ask my wife. She shares my frustrations too.
To be fair, whilst not all temp maids we encountered are bad, most of them are a walking DISASTER.
The biggest obstacle is language. Imagine they do not understand a single word. We have to be creative to learn to communicate. Here’s how we do it:
- Take photos using our mobile phone of all the items you may need or want. When you need a certain item, show them the photo
- Write down the instructions and if possible, interpret into their language (use google translate, dictionary, etc.)
- Use hand language and feet too if necessary :p (hahaha)
Now you may think this should solve all the problems. WRONG!!! They still will not understand most of the time! ARRRRGGGGH!
Wait! Are there are other problems? You bet!
- Eating our food without permission
- Using our stuff without permission
- Telling me she does not want her dinner and prefer mine (what???)
- Completely ignore our instructions
- Hanging their clothes with good hangers while ours with old hangers
- etc etc etc
I do not wish to bore any of you with more “bla bla bla”. Thanks a bunch for lending me a listening ear (figuratively speaking)
Oh. By the way, we’re still engaging temp maids and the ARRRGGGH goes on